Parenting begins

Who says parenting begins the minute you meet your newborn baby? That will be a bit too late for moms and dads to prepare and equip themselves for a challenging responsibility. Parenting begins as early as conception and even earlier, when you decide to have those lovely little beings. I would suggest that you give Dr Stoppard's collection of childcare and parenting books a read as they are very helpful indeed. I like her motherly style and insights that made her ideas different from others. You do want a sound guide and not a scientific blabber, therefore I find it best to read an authoritative publication written by a doctor that speaks in a language normal mothers could embrace. I do have some issues with her opinions though, resulting from the difference in faith culture I suppose. But all in all, I find her books one of the best you can find from stores.




To Muslim parents or interested in Islamic parenting, Dr. Abdullah Nasih Ulwan's writings are a must read! To my knowledge, his Tarbiyatul Aulad (Bringing Up Children in Islam) are already available in Arabic, English and Malay. I'm curently interested in the works of the Beshirs from the U.S but have yet to grab one. Reviews on them at Amazon.com sound promising.

If you've read any of theirs and other interesting authors on parenting, let us hear your thoughts about them. Comment please :)

Posted at 22:41  

0 comments:

Post a Comment